Halloween is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate this spooky holiday than by making a fun and delicious treat? Easy Oreo Spiders are the perfect Halloween delight that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike. With only a few ingredients and simple steps, you can create these adorable and tasty treats.
To make Easy Oreo Spiders, you will need:
– Oreo cookies (regular or double-stuffed)
– Pretzel sticks
– Candy eyes
– Chocolate melting wafers or melted chocolate chips
Here’s how to make them:
1. First, separate the two halves of the Oreo cookies. If you are using double-stuffed Oreos, keep the filling intact. Otherwise, scrape off the filling and set it aside for later use.
2. Melt your chocolate melting wafers or chocolate chips according to the package instructions. You can use a microwave or stovetop double boiler method.
3. Take one of the Oreo halves and dip one end of a pretzel stick into the melted chocolate. Then, attach the pretzel stick to the cream filling (or the chocolate side if you scraped off the filling) of the Oreo. This will act as the spider’s legs. Repeat with the remaining Oreos and pretzel sticks.
4. Once you have attached the legs to each Oreo half, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate and let them sit for a few minutes for the chocolate to harden.
5. Once the legs have hardened, take a small amount of melted chocolate and put a dab on the back of two candy eyes. Place the eyes on top of the Oreo half without the legs. Repeat with the remaining Oreos.
6. Finally, take the second Oreo half and place it on top of the one with the legs and eyes, pressing gently to adhere. The melted chocolate will act as a glue to hold them together.
7. Allow the spiders to sit for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate has completely hardened.
Voila! Your Easy Oreo Spiders are now ready to be enjoyed. These cute and creepy treats are a hit at Halloween parties or family gatherings. Kids will love the novelty of the pretzel legs and candy eyes, while adults will appreciate the sweet and crunchy combination.
Feel free to get creative with your Oreo Spiders by adding colorful sprinkles or decorating the legs and bodies with different colored icings or chocolate drizzles. You can also experiment with different flavors of Oreo cookies or mix in some crushed cookies to give the spiders added texture.
Easy Oreo Spiders are not only delicious but also easy to make, making them a perfect activity for kids to get involved in the kitchen. So why not whip up a batch of these tasty treats this Halloween? They are sure to be a crowd-pleaser and a spooky addition to your Halloween festivities. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.