Natural DIY All Purpose Cleaner That Works
The concept of using homemade cleaning products has grown increasingly popular in recent years. Among the favorites are DIY all-purpose cleaners made from natural ingredients. Why? Well, these cleaners not only save you a chunk of money that you’d typically spend on store-bought options, but they also eliminate the exposure to harmful chemicals commonly found in those products. Safe for your family, your pets, and the environment, homemade natural cleaners are surprisingly easy to make and incredibly efficient. Let’s discuss a fool-proof recipe for a DIY natural all-purpose cleaner that works.
To get started, here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 cup of white vinegar
– 2 teaspoons of borax or baking soda
– 1 cup of hot water
– ½ cup of lemon juice
– Essential oil of your choice (lavender, thyme, eucalyptus, tea tree, and peppermint are excellent options)
– A cleaned, empty spray bottle
Why these ingredients? Vinegar is a natural disinfectant with excellent grease-cutting qualities. Borax or baking soda acts as scrubbing agents that can tackle any stubborn stains. Lemon juice is yet another natural disinfectant and leaves behind a clean, fresh scent. Essential oils do not only add a pleasant fragrance but also carry additional cleaning and antibacterial properties.
1. Begin by boiling a cup of water. Add two teaspoons of borax or baking soda into a large bowl and pour hot water on top. Stir well until the powder is fully dissolved. Pay attention not to inhale the borax powder as it can cause harm to the lungs.
2. Once the mixture has cooled, add a cup of white vinegar and half a cup of lemon juice, stirring well. Now it’s time to add in your essential oils. Depending on how strong you want the scent to be, you can add anywhere from 10-20 drops.
3. Once everything is mixed thoroughly, use a funnel to pour the mixture into your empty spray bottle.
Voilà! Your homemade DIY natural all-purpose cleaner is ready for use. To use, shake the bottle gently before each use to ensure all ingredients are mixed well and then spray it directly onto the surface you wish to clean. Wipe clean with a cloth or sponge. This cleaner works on most surfaces including counters, sinks, tubs, toilets, and even floors.
Beside being natural and safe, this DIY cleaner is also environmentally friendly. You’re reducing waste by reusing your spray bottle, and the cleaner is biodegradable due to its natural ingredients. Moreover, you can choose your essential oil not only by its scent, but also by its properties: for example, tea tree oil has antibacterial properties, lavender is calming, and lemon is uplifting and refreshing.
In conclusion, switching to a homemade DIY natural all-purpose cleaner has vast benefits. Not only does making your cleaner have economic advantages, but you also control what goes inside your cleaning product, making your home a toxin-free space. With this simple recipe at hand, you can start leading a cleaner, greener, and a more natural lifestyle today.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.